Network Working Group C. Rogers
Request for Comments: 1927
Category: Informational 1 April 1996
Suggested Additional MIME Types for Associating Documents
Status of this Memo
This memo provides information for the Internet community. This memo
does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.
1) New MIME Types: Staple and "Paper" Clip
1) indicates the degree of binding of multipart documents:
stapled documents should stay together on the desktop,
while paper clipped ones should be easily spreadable
2) big paper clips vs small ones; heirarchical assembly
3) big vs small for large documents vs. small ones?
4) warning! the presence of electronic staples or paper clips
may break some programs, particularly those designed to do
2) patents on the electronic staple and paper clip
1) use First Virtual to record a charge each time new staples
or paper clips are made.
2) to reduce transmission charges, electronic staples should be
bought in boxes of 5000. Reference: Apple's "bento"
3) electonic staples should have a standard "size and shape"
so a supply of staples could be used be used by several
3) recycling electronic staples and paper clips
1) to assure proper accounting, and to detect patent violations
(people making their own electronic staples), it may be
necessary to attach a certificate to each staple or paper